ADDITIONAL PAGES

Why do so many people use LinkedIn when it is not significantly more effective than other connections?


     One sentence of the Chapter’s topic that I want to focus on is “College students tend to use weak-tie connections because they provide more variety and more opportunities to get their careers started.” The primary question I will ask each “on the street interviewee is “Why do you think so many people use LinkedIn to find jobs when studies show that LinkedIn does not produce significantly better results than stronger connections?” The reason why I want to ask college students this question is because I find it very interesting that people use LinkedIn even though there is not much evidence that it is very effective. As the study in my iBook demonstrated, most job openings are offered because of strong family and friend connections. Does the increased use of LinkedIn have to do with our laziness, quick accessibility to the Internet, or both?

No comments: