ADDITIONAL PAGES

ANALYSIS OF TWEET BY: Steph23

Examining the news article on how, NFL team, the Washington Redskins need to change their name. I must say I am a tad bit uncertain about this article. I had some trouble deciding on if this was actually an unbalanced news article or if it was balanced. After reading through it and analyzing it, I do agree with (Steph23) that it is unbalanced. I can understand if the article had examples supporting the main cause of the article, but I also felt it got off topic at times. The examples were understandable but too much in my opinion. With this, the coverage was sort of spread out. There were not just two legit sides to the story. Since the author decided to use many examples, he should have at least kept it with professional sports. He even went into slight detail about how Native American people may feel offended by the name and the logo. The author even told us to Google the “Indian Removal Act of 1830” and the “Trail of Tears.” In my opinion this has nothing to do with why the Redskins should change their name and logo as if the history of Native Americans will be erased. An article that should be about an NFL team, spoke too much on college football as well. The article stated how since 2005, the NCAA banned Native American nicknames. Florida State was the only school that got an exemption, but Florida State’s college football team has nothing to do with the Washington Redskins. All in all, I feel that the many different opinions thrown into this article makes it an unbalanced news story.  It’s like the article will have you thinking about one thing, but the next paragraph or two afterwards will be about something else.

No comments: